This is an unsecured loan established for a predetermined period of time with specific loan payments. The rate is fixed for the term of the loan. Credit worthiness and the ability to repay determine this loan and its accompanying rate.
Rates: as low as 10.50% APR^*
Share Secured Loan
Allows members to obtain a loan at an attractive rate using the funds in their savings accounts as collateral.
Rates: 4.00% APR for 36 or 48 months, 5.00% for 60 months^*
With a Credit Builder loan, the amount you borrow is deposited into a Family Credit Union certificate of deposit account. You make regular payments on the loan, establishing a positive payment history and we report this to the credit bureau. As a result of your regular payments and the completion of your loan, your credit score improves and you will have a CD. A higher credit score translates into better rates on future loans and can have a positive impact on the cost of other services including insurance.
Rates: as low as 4.00% APR^*
CD Secured Loan
Allows members to use the money in their share certificate as security. The Annual Percentage Rate is 2.00% above the current share interest and the rate is fixed for the term of the loan. Terms cannot exceed the certificate’s maturity date.
Rates: 2.00% over CD rate; min. 4.00% up to 48 months^*
A lower limit line of credit that you can access 24/7 using home banking CU@ccess24 or the 24-hour Voice Response System. Money is transferred into your account of choice and is available immediately for use. You only need to sign for this loan one time at any office.
Rates: as low as 10.50%^*
If you overdraft your account, this feature kicks in. Instead of getting charged a fee for bouncing a check, overdraft protection will provide you with an instant loan. If the ‘loan’ is paid off quickly it is usually much less expensive than the bounced check fee. Repayment amounts depend on the amount being transferred and will deduct automatically from your checking account.
^Rates are stated as annual percentage rates (APR). Rates in combination with loyalty points could be 0.30% lower than stated rates.
Holiday Cash Options
Money has away of disappearing at this time of year. But The Family Credit Union has special holiday offers that will put some extra cash in your pocket. Effective November 1, 2014
- Skip-A-Payment – Skip your November or December consumer loan payment and use the money for other expenses.* ($10 service fee per loan). Signed form must accompany request
- Holiday Loan – $3,000 for 12 months as low as 7.0% APR*.
- MasterCard – Existing MasterCard accounts receive a 4.9% APR rate on November & December purchases**.
- Christmas Club – This savings account can be started anytime. You decide when and what amount you’ll set aside each year. Money is available November 1.
- Holiday Auto Loan $100 Bonus – Get pre-approved for an auto loan*, come back to TFCU to fund the loan, and get the cash! Ends 11/14.
- Black WEDNESDAY Deals – Kick start your holidays with our one-day only specials including door busters, giveaways, and more.
* All loans are subject to approval. Rates, terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice and may vary based on creditworthiness, qualifications, and collateral conditions.
**For November and December 2014 purchases only. Promotional merchandise 4.90% APR is good through your May 2015 billing. After promotional repayment expires, the rate will return to pre-promotion, original APR. Offer good on credit cards opened more than 30 days.